- I probably should've replied to this post...
- Register a Username "This Is An Example" on AMO.
- Login to the forum, notice the correct capitalization on 1st Login
- Login again, notice it forgot the correct capitalization
As you can see, my current Username is "jslover", all lowercase & ugly. I registered as "JSLover" & that's how it's displayed when I Login to AMO (not the forum).
Steps to reproduce...
This needs to be fixed, so we can have correctly-cased names on the forum, but furthermore, AMO needs to Login with Usernames NOT E-mail addresses. E-mail addresses are for sending & receiving msgs, not for typing in every time you need to Login somewhere.
- I love phpBB, but its Search is nearly useless, I found that thread above searching for "usernames", then once I saw the Subject of the thread it found, I searched for "user name" & ever-so-helpfully it told me...
Useless Forum Search wrote:Information
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: name user.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.
...it ignored all my search terms, then complains that I must specify at least one word to search for! pfft!...I specified 2 words & it chose to ignore BOTH of them. phpBB Search needs an OVERHAUL.
- I also do not like the phpBB default language of "British English"...they don't even include "American English" by default, you have to install that. I would like this forum to at least install the "American English" (or "English (US)" or whatever they call it) language so I can select it in my profile...& perhaps even make it the default language.