Themes post split from "How AMO's release process works"

<<

jivko-evgeniev

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:27 am

Themes post split from "How AMO's release process works"

Not sure if this is the right place to make my post but great job Mozilla. You finally destroyed theme development. First it was Personas and new the Amo new look. What's wrong with custom themes? These so called "product managers, developers, designers, localizers" finally achieved their goal. :( I'm sure that I'm not the only one who doesn't like the new Amo look when you click on themes. Why are there only 4 themes on the page? Why can't they leave it how it was? Now most people will download 4 themes because they click on the first thing they see. What about the rest of the themes? Me and other theme developers have put a lot of time and effort and it's not nice to have your theme 90% hidden. I'm really really disappointed. Every year there's a new Amo design and every year it gets worse. Why are these 4 themes featured? How can I make mine featured? Why are there only 16 themes on a page? I have so many questions and I'm 95% sure that my post or other complaints won't change a thing. I'd be nice to have the old design back. Weekly downloads open when you click on themes, 20 themes per page. If this keeps going there'll be no point in theme development if you ask me which is a shame because us theme developers put a lot in our work. :? :(
<<

fligtar

Add-ons Product Manager

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: Themes post split from "How AMO's release process works"

I split off this post into a new thread in the correct forum.

Theme category pages were converted to the new site style, and as part of that, were made to be consistent with other add-on types which we have many featured selections chosen by our community, as described in our policy. Themes are different from other types of add-ons though, and we don't maintain the featured list nearly as well as for other types, so it was a mistake that these are defaulting to the featured view.

We're going to change the default to the Most Popular view -- by next week's release at the latest, though I'm trying to get it fixed before then. Sorry about that.
<<

fligtar

Add-ons Product Manager

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:51 pm

This has now been fixed.
<<

jivko-evgeniev

Post Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:24 am

Great to see it fixed. :) By the way how can an add-on become featured? Do I need more users or downloads? Are reviews important? 8-)
<<

eviljeff

AMO Senior Editor

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:32 am

jivko-evgeniev wrote:Great to see it fixed. :) By the way how can an add-on become featured? Do I need more users or downloads? Are reviews important? 8-)

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/develo ... ecommended
<<

jivko-evgeniev

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:14 am

Thanks for the link. By the way the Amo is broken again. It shows featured themes when I click on the themes button. :(

Return to AMO Feedback and Support